It’s As Easy as 1, 2, 3. Follow these 3 easy steps to get e-filed in minutes.
Register with your basic information. It’s absolutely free! Find ‘Register’ under the ‘Account Login’ menu option.
A representative will contact you and set you up with an appointment.
Electronically sign all signature documents. Once e-filed, receive all your documents through your client portal.
FREE TAX FILING GUIDELINES
TruPoint Accounting & Tax offers free tax preparation to people who generally make $50,000 or less, persons with disabilities, the elderly and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. Our IRS-certified preparers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.
In addition, TruPoint Accounting & Tax offers free tax help for all taxpayers, particularly those who have children, self-employed, specializing in questions about royalties and performance income issues related to entertainment professionals.
*Note: Turn-around times are 24 hours. Available services response times can vary due to the availability of tax preparers certified with the tax law expertise required for your return. Offer available only through December 1st to February 11th every year! To qualify, taxpayer must present promotional card or register and eFile within time frame.
• For married filing joint, both spouses must be present
• Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
• Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
• Information for other income
• Information for all deductions/credits
• A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
• Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit of refund
• Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification notices/cards for you, your spouse, and/or dependents
• Proof of identification for yourself and/or your spouse
• Total paid to day care provider and their tax ID number
• Birth dates for you, spouse and/or dependents on the return
• Proof of foreign status if applying for ITIN
• Forms 1095-A, B or C (Affordable Health Care Statements)
• For prior year or returns, copies of income transcripts from IRS (and state, if applicable)
• Schedule C with losses
• Complicated & advanced Schedule D (capital gains and losses)
• Form SS-5 (request for Social Security Number)
• Form 8606 (non-deductible IRA)
• Form 8615 (minor’s investment income)
• Form SS-8 (determination of worker status for purposes of federal employment taxes and income tax withholding)
WHY FILE ONLINE WITH US?
A Personal Touch
Don’t be just another number. Skip all the generic online tax software this year and have a professional do the work and personally answer any tax or financial questions related to your unique return.
Top Notch Security
Filing with us is the smart and responsible way to share and transfer your confidential tax documents. Security, reliability and privacy are built in, which cannot be said for sending documents openly by fax and e-mail.
Scanned for Potential Threats
Identity theft occurs every 3 seconds, but not on our watch. We’re constantly scanning our site to identify potential privacy threats that would go unnoticed on regular online tax software.
Peace of Mind
No time to come to the office? Filing with Trupoint online can save you time and money while gaining peace of mind. At the convenience of your home, know that your taxes and financial statements are getting done properly by a team of experienced accountants and tax advisors.
Its Paperless!...Secure Client Portal
Spend less time waiting at an office. Whenever you need a copy just retrieve it from your client portal. Your client portal is easy to use– its web-based, and works with just about any browser, computer, and mobile device. With a familiar interface and file operations – use folders and files, just like your computer. Uploading, downloading, renaming, and deleting files is simple, obvious and quick.